Watch this video to see Mr. Muniz’s sample Shadowbox!
9th Grade Ethnic Studies students all over Oakland will be creating Auto-Ethnography projects in the form of shadowboxes.
A link to some of the work created by students at Fremont High School can be found HERE.
Before your project is complete please make sure you have completed all the tasks on the following checklist:
- Find pictures to be printed (and saved in Google Classroom)
- Choose shoe box and art materials
- Turn in completed shadowbox planner
- Complete Edublog Assignment #2
- Add Dominant & Counter-Narrative pictures to your shadowbox lid
- Add Identity pictures and art materials to the interior of the shadowbox
- Write an artist statement, and submit it using this form
- Shadowbox must be labeled and photographed
- Complete Edublog Assignment #3 (Located in Google Classroom)
If you are finished early, please click THIS LINK to watch a video on how to add your coggle identity map to your edublog. Then… make it happen!