A number of students have asked me how to improve their current grades in Humanities class. Handing assignments in regularly, and on time is a great start. Buckling down and preparing for quizzes and tests will also help. However, if your grade could still use an extra boost consider completing an extra credit assignment.
Extra credit assignments in Humanities class typically count the same as a completed classwork assignment (see the 2014-15 Humanities Syllabus for more details). Follow the directions below to get started:
- STEP 1: Find a news article about the country we are currently studying (a list of useful links is provided below).
- STEP 2: Annotate the article by underlining all details that relate to Society, Economy, and Politics.
- STEP 3: On a separate piece of paper (bearing your name, date, period number, and article title) paraphrase the main idea of each paragraph of your article.
Hand this assignment in the next time our class meets, and you should start to see your grade improve!
For information on news articles for countries we study in Humanities, see the links provided below.
- NIGERIA: nigeriaworld saturday tribune guardian nigeria
- BRAZIL: ny times brazil rio times topix brazil
- HAITI: haitian times CNN haiti miami herald on haiti
- EL SALVADOR: ny times el salvador topix el salvador index mundi el salvador
- CAMBODIA: cam news ny times cambodia phnom penh post